Last Updated: June 9, 2015
What We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety of ways:
- Information You Give Us. When you sign up for an account with us, we collect the information you provide, such as your name, email, phone number, business name, website address, and any other information you provide us. We may also need to collect additional information about you and your business in order to process payments. When you book an activity, we collect your name, location, mailing address, phone number, email address, the birthday child's name, date of birth and gender and any other information you provide us, as well as any information that you post to our website.
- Information We Get From Others. We may receive additional information about you from third party sources, such as our business partners.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer when you visit this website. This log information may include the address of the web pages you visited, date and time of your website visit, and your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings.
- Cookies. We may log information using "cookies". Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our website. This type of information is collected to make our website more useful to you and to tailor your experience on our website to meet your unique interests and needs.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- Operate, maintain, and improve our website, products, and services.
- Respond to comments and questions.
- Provide customer service.
- Send information including booking confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Send personalized birthday messages, updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. (You can decide to stop receiving these updates by opting out through the link provided in the emails.)
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personally identifiable information with others in the following situations:
- Our corporate affiliates and third parties may need the information to further our legitimate business purposes, as permitted by law. For example, we may share personal information with relevant third-parties in order for them to process your booking request or payment services.
- If you provide us a review, you authorize us to publish the review on our Website under your screen name which you provided.
- We may share personal information if BirthdayMasters is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
- We may share personal information if required by law, for example to law enforcement or other authorities. This includes court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes, and administrative or criminal investigations.
- If the disclosure is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or to prevent other damage, or in response to a legal action or to enforce our rights and claims.
- We may share anonymous aggregated usage information with third parties.
Information Choices and Changes
Our marketing emails informs you how to "opt-out" of future email communication. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
If you have questions about our privacy practices or need assistance with exercising or understanding your privacy choices, please contact us at email@example.com
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our website through your browser settings. Most browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings, however. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our website functions for you.
BirthdayMasters does not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If we become aware that a minor is attempting to submit personal information, we will remove this information from our records. If you are the parent/legal guardian of a minor who has given us personal information, please contact us so we can delete it.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make any changes, we will change the Last Updated date above. If you continue to use BirthdayMasters after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.